「日刊四字」へようこそ!

Now Featuring 1級 Grammar, Everyday Japanese That You Won't Find in the Book, and Language and Cultural Trivia!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

厚顔無恥

こうがんむち
kougan muchi

You may or may not have noticed, but I've been trying to write about yojis which reflect my character in some way.

Today's yoji is probably something you don't ever want to be called. You know that guy, the one who has so much nerve, who is so outrageous that all you can think is "unbelievable!" (I personally think of 前代未聞 whenever I see this one.) Now, I'm not saying that I've ever necessarily been called this, but you never know what people are thinking and saying about you when you're not around.

Definition:
厚かましく、恥を知らないこと。

Translation:
1) Shamelessly brazen

Example:
彼は、二か月もブログ更新してないのにまだ自分のことを「Blogger」って言ってる。なんて厚顔無恥なこと!
He hasn't updated in more than two months but still calls himself a "Blogger." The nerve of some people!

No comments: